Nelson Mandela is one of the few African leaders who have being a fascinating and exemplary, he became the first black president of South Africa, After spending several years in prison for agitating against Apartheid rule in south Africa. Nelson, Popularly Known by all South African and the people of the world as Mandiba, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. He led South Africa out of the snare of segregation and discrimination. He is also credited for reconciling the races in South Africa, thereby diffusing the generational racial conflict and tension in the rainbow country.
History would forever know Mandiba as a man who was unweaving to the course of ensuring justice, recognition and equal right for the majority black folks in South Africa. He died in 2013 at the age of 95, not without his words to inspire us and to spur up our humanity. His life would always remain a reference point for every African Leaders who really want to change the lot of their people. He will be remembered by every African as a Nationalism who taught other African how to seek for change and equality without hate and strive.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
- Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
- A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace.
- Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
- Man’s goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never extinguished
- Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
- I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles